The theme for this coming school year focuses on denying ourselves and allowing the Spirit of Christ to produce fruit in us. Our goal is to encourage students, faculty, administration, and staff to bear the fruit of the Spirit in their lives, to the glory of God. This theme draws from three passages of Scripture which should be memorized by the student body.
- Galatians 5:22-24, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.”
- Luke 9:23, “Then He said to them all, ‘If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.’”
- John 15:8, “By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.”
Instead of a sub-theme for each nine weeks, we will have a sub-theme for each month, beginning with denying ourselves and then focusing on a fruit of the Spirit in each succeeding month as follows:
- August: I will take up my cross and follow Jesus.
- September: I will bear the fruit of love.
- October: I will bear the fruit of joy.
- November: I will bear the fruit of peace.
- December: I will bear the fruit of longsuffering (patience).
- January: I will bear the fruit of kindness.
- February: I will bear the fruit of goodness.
- March: I will bear the fruit of faithfulness.
- April: I will bear the fruit of gentleness.
- May: I will bear the fruit of self-control.
May the Lord bless our efforts to sow the seeds of this fruit in young hearts and minds.
~ Steve Klein
ABS Bible Department